Thursday 27 March 2014

'I lost sight of who I was': Selena Gomez opens up About her rehab spell

#askaroundnow

She checked into rehab back in January for two weeks to 'spend time on herself.'
And Selena Gomez has now given some clues as to why - explaining the pressure she has been under during a career which began at the tender age of ten-years-old.
'I'm surrounded by people who are supposed to guide me and some of them have and others haven't,' she revealed. 'They pressure me: "You gotta be sexy,  you gotta be cute, you gotta be nice, you gotta be all these things."
Talking from the heart: Selena Gomez gave an inspirational speech during the first annual We Day California at Oracle Arena in Oakland on Wednesday
Talking from the heart: Selena Gomez gave an inspirational speech during the first annual We Day California at Oracle Arena in Oakland on Wednesday
Selena shared her story with hundreds of cheering youngsters in an emotional and inspirational eight-minute speech at the first annual We Day California event at the Oracle Arena in Oakland on Wednesday.
'You can all relate,' she told them. 'You all have pressure that you have to deal with every day - with school, with work, with friends, with parents, with family. They tell me what to wear, how to look, what I should say, how I should be.

'Until recently I had given into that pressure, I lost sight of who I was. I listened to opinions of people and I tried to change who I am because I thought others would accept me for it. And I realised I don't know how to be anything but myself.
'All I really want you to know is that you are changing the world, I'm not changing the world, you're changing the world and that's amazing.'
 
Talking from the heart: Selena Gomez gave an inspirational speech during the first annual We Day California at Oracle Arena in Oakland on Wednesday
'Believe in yourselves': The 21-year-old encouraged her audience not to be knocked off course by people who underestimated their abilities
Looking gorgeous in a red Emporio Armani trouser suit and black high heels, with her brunette tresses in a complicated up do, Selena kicked off by saying: 'I am not an activist. I haven’t changed the world or led a campaign.
The 21-year-old singer-actress was obviously moved by the crowd's reception at the event, organized by the Free The Children charity which motivates young people to take action on local and global issues.
'I’m here to just tell you my path so that you can hopefully take something away from it, because I don’t like being honest with press and interviews. I like being honest with you directly,' she said.


Read more:

Kindly Subscribe/Follow our Various Social Media Accou updated:- Facebook:- facebook.com/askaroundnow Twitter:- @askaroundnow BBM:- C0036A7EC YOU CAN ALSO WATCH VARIOUS JOKES/COMEDY/SKITS at Keek:- @hardeqolar Vine:- @hardeqolar YouTube:- Ask Around. Instagram:- @hardeqolar If youre willing to chat with us KIK us @hardeqolar

No comments:

Post a Comment