Tuesday 11 March 2014

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew given seven-game ban for Meyler headbutt

#askaroundnow
Newcastle boss Pardew given seven-game ban for Meyler headbutt

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has been hit with a seven-game ban by the Football Association after admitting a misconduct charge for headbutting Hull midfielder David Meyler.

Pardew will serve an initial three-game stadium ban and will have to stay away from the touchline for a further four matches, subject to an appeal.

The Magpies boss has also been fined £60,000 and given a warning about his future conduct by the FA.

Newcastle released a statement on their official website stating: "The club and Pardew have accepted the decision and now wish to draw a line under the matter."
The club also quote Pardew as saying: "As I have made clear, I deeply regret the incident and again wholeheartedly apologise to all parties for my conduct, which I understand was not acceptable.
"I will accept the punishment handed down by the FA today. My focus now turns to preparing the team for this weekend's game against Fulham and finishing the season as strongly as possible

No comments:

Post a Comment