Saturday 22 February 2014

'It's a little homage. I hope he doesn't think it's a diss': Lily Allen reveals she will name her new album Sheezus... in tribute to Kanye West

#askaroundnow
Lily Allen will call her new album Sheezus as a tribute to Kanye West.
The Air Balloon singer insisted the name of the record - a parody of the rapper's latest album Yeezus - isn't intended as a joke as his expense, instead describing it as a sign of 'respect'.
She told The Sun newspaper: 'With all my albums, I've just wanted to have a laugh. But yes, Sheezus, it's bold. But it's not taking the p**s out of Kanye at all.
In homage: Lily Allen will call her new album Sheezus as a tribute to Kanye West, but has insisted it 'isn't a diss'


'I've got nothing but respect for him. I love him ... So it is a little homage to him. I hope he doesn't think it's a diss. I'd be horrified if he thought that.'
The 28-year-old star also explained while Kanye - who is engaged to reality star Kim Kardashian - is outspoken and controversial, he actually 'makes total sense' with his views on life.
She said: 'I know people think he's crazy but most of what he says I think makes total sense. I mean there are a few exceptions but on the whole. He is one of the only people who says what he believes and people call him mad for it.'
Sheezus: The 28-year-old singer insisted she has 'nothing but respect' for rapper Kanye                              
Sheezus: The 28-year-old singer insisted she has 'nothing but respect' for rapper Kanye
  

No comments:

Post a Comment