Tuesday 18 February 2014

Lady Gaga gears up for Virgin Galactic gig with space-themed shoot and goes almost topless for Harper's Bazaar

#askaroundnow
She is known to be at the cutting edge of fashion in the pop world.
But Lady Gaga has taken her reputation quite literally on the cover of this month's Harper's Bazaar appearing almost topless in a cut out top that left little to the imagination.
The shoot also has a space theme, perhaps in preparation for the singer's much-anticipated performance on Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic first commercial space flight next year. 
Coming to a space shuttle near you: Lady Gaga - who will perform on the Virgin Galactic flight next year - poses in astronaut-themed outfit for the latest issue of Harper's BazaarComing to a space shuttle near you: Lady Gaga - who will perform on the Virgin Galactic flight next year - poses in astronaut-themed outfit for the latest issue of Harper's Bazaar

The Born this Way hitmaker is set to sing outside of the Earth's atmosphere next year following the launch of the flights - which will cost $250,000 per seat - and she is looking forward to using the opportunity to spread a 'message of love'.
She said: 'I honestly can't wait [to perform in space]. I can't wait to design the performance.'
'I'm auctioning off my second seat [on a Virgin Galactic flight] to raise money for the Born This Way Foundation. I want to make a moment that is about much more than me.'
Cut it out Lady! Gaga appears almost topless on the March issue of Harper's Bazaar which is auctioning off some of Gaga's clothes on eBayCut it out Lady! Gaga appears almost topless on the March issue of Harper's Bazaar which is auctioning off some of Gaga's clothes on eBay

'Performing in space is such an honour. I want to challenge myself to come up with something that will not only bring everyone together but will also have a message of love that blasts into the beyond.
Because of her hectic schedule, the 27-year-old singer - who is in a relationship with actor Taylor Kinney - says she doesn't have a permanent home and mostly uses her New York apartment to keep her expensive belongings.
Asked where she calls home, she told Harper's Bazaar magazine: 'My "home" is a controversial topic. I don't exactly have one. I live all over the world. I keep a small rental in New York, where I hang many of my hats when I come to see my parents and New York pals.'
Space age chic: GaGa says she 'honestly can't wait [to perform in space]. I can't wait to design the performance'

The Muppets called... : Lady Gaga in yet another outrageous outfit for the latest issue of Harper's BazaarThe Muppets called... : Lady Gaga in yet another outrageous outfit for the latest issue of Harper's Bazaar

'It's like a tiny jewel box, covered in rose-gold mirrors, with an oversize pink couch, an expensive vase, a white Marilyn piano, and a boudoir.
'I do not keep a lot of clothes here - mostly punk wear. And the three most expensive items I've ever purchased, including an actual house: my sable, a strand of diamonds, and my Mikimoto pearls.'
Meanwhile some of the pieces worn by GaGa in the shoot - including Atelier Versace, Carolina Herrera, Emilio Pucci and Gareth Pugh - are available to fans to auction for on eBay.
Harper’s BAZAAR in partnership with eBay is offering a selection of Lady Gaga’s looks and accessories from the March issue cover shoot, to benefit her charity, the youth-empowering Born This Way Foundation.
Starting today at 9pm EST, you can bid to win pieces of fashion history by visiting www.ebay.com/gagainbazaar. 
She needs some space: Lady gaga - seen here in December last year - considers performing on the Virgin Galactic flight 'an honour'She needs some space: Lady gaga - seen here in December last year - considers performing on the Virgin Galactic flight 'an honour'

No comments:

Post a Comment